- Preparing of Tenancy/Renewal Agreements, which are signed electronically. Our Tenancy Agreements are ARLA/Propertymark approved
- Preparing and serving of Legal notices
- Deposit registration, this including the administration and transfer to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Property Visits. We suggest these are carried 6 monthly to allow quiet enjoyment to your tenant
- Court attendance
We can arrange the following on your behalf and the cost will be quoted directly from the contractor
Guide to Landlords
Below is an estimate of costs when letting your property through us. These are standard costs inclusive of VAT. Some costs will vary depending on the service you are looking for and the agreed terms of business you sign.
Administration fees are set out in the Terms of Conditions of Business and below…
- Tenancy/Renewal Agreements for £100 (included in our Management Service)
Deposit Registration for £40 (included in our Management Service)
Property Visits for £60 (included in our Management Service)
Referencing Fee (per report submitted) £50
- Legal notices for £60
- Court attendance (per day) for £200
- Consultancy Fees (hourly rate) for £40
Consultancy Fees (daily rate) for £300
Accompanying the landlords contractor to allow access to the property (per hour) for £60
- Management Service (of the total rent) 16%
Management administration hand over fee for £300
Arranging works beyond routine maintenance and repairs for (total cost of the quote/works) 10%
- Tenant Find and Rent Management Service (of the total rent) 12%
- Pre-tenancy Arrangements (total cost of the quoted/invoiced works) 10%
- Refurbishments (total cost of quote/works) 10%
Vacant Property Management Service (per month plus any contractor invoices) £120
Inventory costs vary depending on the property size (a no show/cancellation fee will be charged at 50% of the quoted fee)
Guide to Tenants
Below is an estimate of costs when renting through us. These are standard costs inclusive of VAT which are payable to us as your landlord’s agent. Some costs will vary depending on the clients instructions, the size of the property and the agreed terms of the tenancy agreement you sign.
Tenant administration fees are set out in the Applicant Declaration Form. Fees agreed for all tenancies which exchanged prior to 1st June 2019 will continue to apply until 1st June 2020. Please refer to your applicant declaration form for this information. All tenancies which exchanged from 1st June 2019 will be in line with the tenant fee ban legislation and the charges are set out below.
Upon making an offer on a property
A holding deposit of up to 1 weeks’ rent will be payable should you wish to proceed with an offer on a property. This must be received in cleared funds to Christine’s Property Management ‘client account’ prior to any administration including referencing taking place.
Should you withdraw from the tenancy process, fail to complete the process due to a failure administratively on your part, and/or information you provide proves to be false and causes the landlord to be unable or reasonably is unwilling to enter into a tenancy with you, this holding deposit will be deemed payable.
Should the process move forward, following acceptable references and you wish to proceed with the tenancy, these monies will be transferable towards the completion monies, namely the first months rent and security deposit which will become due once references are accepted by the landlord.
Fees at tenancy progression, during tenancy, if the tenancy is renewed or at the end of the tenancy
Should the tenancy agreement require re-issuing due to a tenant providing inaccurate information or a change of instructions a £50 fee will become due, this for each occurrence.
Key or security device
Should a key or security device be lost during the tenancy, the tenant will be charged for a replacement lock or security device, this cost is dependent on the cost quoted at the time the lock or device requires replacement.
If stated in the tenancy agreement, the cost of having the property and its contents professionally cleaned where you have failed to leave the property in a condition that meets the professional standards you received the property in. The cost will be dependent on the size of the property and the amount of cleaning required.
The amount of any agreed compensation for not returning the property in the condition it was at the start of the tenancy, fair wear and tear excepted. This laid out in the tenancy agreement, deposit paperwork (which you will receive at the commencement of the tenancy) and will be evident in any inventory documentation carried out at the start and end of the tenancy.
- The amount of rent owing until a new tenancy has commenced with a new tenant
- The landlord’s referencing fee of £50, per reference
- The deposit administration fees of £40
- The tenancy agreement fee of £100
- The landlord’s associated fees of setting up the new tenancy including the inventory check in fees (fees to be discussed at the time of an early release and agreed)
Administration fees for any tenancy swap/change of tenant at £50, this per occurrence
Payments to service providers in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax