As an agent we must confirm the identity of each applicant and as standard we would request one of the following from each of the listed categories below.
Proof of name
- Current signed passport
- Current UK photo card driving licence
Proof of address
- Utility bill dated in the last 3 months (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill)
- Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
- Current UK photo card driving licence (if not used as proof of name)
- Bank or building society statement dated in the last 3 months
– Credit card statement or mobile phone bill not acceptable
If you are unable to provide one of our preferred listed above then we would refer to the government website for further options; https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proof-of-identity-checklist/proof-of-identity-checklist
Please note, we will be unable to enter into an agreement with you without this paperwork.
We are also required to see further documentation for the Right to Rent check, should this be necessary. Please refer to https://www.christinespropertymanagement.co.uk/right-to-rent-checks/ for further information on the Right to Rent check.